©   2014-2016 Offshore Radio Museum

Home Ground Basement Floor 1 Floor 2


Voice of Peace - Ship and Location

MV Peace

Formerly:

Rolf (1940)

Westpolder(1950)

Cito (1960)

Built:1940

Weight: 570 tons

Length: 170’ (51.8m)

The MV Peace used various anchorages off Israel from which to broadcast, but for the majority of the time it was off Tel Aviv.

The MV Peace moved to other locations occasionally to participate in various peace initiatives.

The station never gave its precise location over the air - it was simply announced as "The Voice of  Peace from  somewhere in the Mediterranean".

Loading...

Back to Voice of Peace

MV Peace