©   2014 Offshore Radio Museum

Home Ground Basement Floor 1 Floor 2

Radio Essex - Key Dates


Summer 1965

Radio Essex forcibly evict Radio City staff  from Knock John Fort

27th October 1965

Radio Essex starts test transmissions

7th November 1965

Regular programmes start from Radio Essex

1965

29th September 1966

Roy Bates served with a summons alleging the illegal use of a transmitter at Knock John Fort, contravening the Wireless Telegraphy Act of 1949

6th October 1966

Radio Essex becomes BBMS (Britains Better Music Station)

1966

Back to Radio Essex